Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Building an AR-15

This is a fairly new endeavor for me - I recently bought a Superior Arms S-15 stripped lower receiver, and a CMMG lower parts kit. I'm using a generic 6-position collapsible stock, and that's it for now. I'll post pics when I get the chance, but thanks to AR15.com for the wonderful thread about assembly, including a few videos of the process.

I'm currently shopping for some used upper parts, so if any readers (do I have readers?) have anything lying around in the parts bin, I'm in the market for some purchases.

I'm thinking of building a 16" M4 profile with an M4 flattop and some sort of free-floating 4-rail hand guard. My WASR or K-31 just aren't tacti-cool enough for an HK-owning "operator" such as yours truly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm working on one, too. I am about as far as you are, except I held out to get a Lauer Custom Weaponry lower (gotta support the home team,) and it finally came in when all our money was going in a thousand other directions... so I should be able to pick that up in a week or so. Then I am thinking of getting an upper from del-ton.